Call for papers — Milli mála
Milli mála welcomes submissions of quality articles within all areas of the Vigdís Finnbogadóttir Institute of Foreign Languages, including literature, linguistics, translation studies, and second language teaching. All articles are peer-reviewed.
1. General issue of Milli mála
The general issue is published annually in December. In addition to publishing peer-reviewed research papers, it publishes translations and book reviews. Articles are accepted in Icelandic, Danish, English, German, French, and Spanish.
Submission deadline for articles is April 1.
For inquiries and submissions, please contact the editors:
- Geir Þórarinn Þórarinsson firstname.lastname@example.org
- Þórhildur Oddsdóttir email@example.com
2. Special Issues of Milli mála
i. Special Issue of Milli mála 2022 — New Research in Second Language Studies and Multilingualism in Iceland
Birna Arnbjörnsdóttir is guest editor of the special issue on new research in Iceland in the field of second language studies and multilingualism.
Articles must describe the results of new research in second language studies and studies of multilingalism in connection to Icelandic as a second language and/or Icelandic in proximity to other languages, e.g.:
- the nature of bilingualism or multilingualism,
- multilingual language use in oral and written communication
- multilingual communication
- perspectives on and relations between language and self-perception of individuals and communities
- language learning within and outside of school
- teaching and learning second and foreign languages
- use of computers in language learning and teaching
- language policy (official, of language communities or families)
- or other research within second language studies and multilingalism.
Submission deadline for the special issue is February 20, 2022.
For inquiries and submissions, please contact the guest editor of Milli mála 2022:
- Birna Arnbjörnsdóttir firstname.lastname@example.org.
ii. Special issue of Milli mála – Journal of Language and Culture 2023. The Poet, Dao and Mysticism
Special issue, edited by Geir Sigurðsson, on Daoism (Taoism) and mysticism in the works of Halldór Laxness, their influences and his interpretations. A priority will be given to papers on the works of Halldór Laxness himself and their relations with Daoism and mysticism, but papers on the relations of other Icelandic writers with Daoism and/or mysticism will also be considered. Among potential themes are the following:
- Daoist manifestations in individual works by Halldór Laxness,
- The understanding and interpretation of Daoism by Laxness himself,
- Other mystical elements in the works of Laxness,
- Mysticism and/or Daoism in the works of other Icelandic literary authors.
Papers can be written in English, Danish, German, French or Spanish. They should be around 5000 words, line spacing 1.5, Times New Roman. More on guidelines: https://millimala.hi.is/en/layout-3/
Submission deadline is 13 January, 2023.
Queries and papers should be sent to the editor of this special issue, 2023:
- Geir Sigurðsson, in email@example.com.